The Full Story: What’s Up With The GOP?
For the last 5 years, former President Donald Trump redefined the Republican Party on a national level. Now, after a tumultuous 2020 election and an insurrection on the US Capitol, the nation is heading in a different direction. So how have all these events defined the Republican Party on a local level? How did Republican leaders in Connecticut and on Long Island shape the GOP during the Trump era and where will they take the party under President Joe Biden?
A conversation with guests:
- Ebong Udoma - WSHU’s Senior Political Reporter
- Joe Shaw - Executive Editor of the Express News Group on Long Island
- Jonathan L. Wharton, Ph.D. - Associate Dean at School of Graduate & Professional Studies, Southern Connecticut State University
- Dr. Gary Rose - Professor, and Chair in the Department of Government, Politics and Global Studies at Sacred Heart University
- Phil Boyle - Republican State Senator, The dean of the GOP LI Conference
The Full Story airs Friday at 7 p.m. on all WSHU frequencies.