Jobs at WSHU
Equal opportunity in employment is offered to all qualified persons, and no person shall be discriminated against in employment because of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex.
WSHU also utilizes the help of volunteers and student interns and specialized job experience programs offered to students of Sacred Heart University. WSHU does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, or sex in recruitment or assignment of individuals under these programs.
Current job openings:
The IT Manager will be responsible for managing all of the Information Technology resources necessary to support WSHU Public Radio - a network radio stations across CT & Long Island, as well as keeping the WSHU Broadcast Center technology running smoothly. This includes everything from hardware and software support to systems planning and cyber security. This position reports to the Chief Engineer and you will support the Chief Engineer's work as well - working as a duo with a university intern to keep IT and Engineering for WSHU running smoothly.
- Design, install, integrate and manage IT and telephone systems for WSHU. (Analog-POTS, Digital-ISDN, VoIP-SIP)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot systems, hardware, software and connectivity problems for the infrastructure. Install computer hardware and software, provide maintenance for PC's, laptops, printers, and associated peripherals for WSHU staff.
- Provide end user support for enterprise level applications.
- Research information pertaining to the integration of computer hardware and software in all areas.
- Maintain the computer hardware and software inventory and perform technical issue resolution under ITS policies and guidelines.
- Perform testing and evaluation for the development of change and its implementation for the best output.
- Assist Chief Engineer in his duties and be on call to assist for emergency technology or engineering needs.