Member support is essential to WSHU’s fiscal stability, enabling the station to provide quality programming and services. WSHU has a strict policy against the sale or lending of our membership lists to ANY organization. In addition, membership lists are never exchanged with any organization.
This policy discloses our information gathering and dissemination practices for WSHU.org, which is owned and operated by Sacred Heart University. We do our very best to protect the privacy of any identifiable information (such as full name, address, e-mail address, telephone number and/or other identifiable information) you may provide to us.
Information We May Gather:
1. Our Web servers will create log files which contain all or some of the following information:
- The approximate geographical location of each IP Address accessing our Site.
- The date, time and length of your visit.
- The path taken through our Web site and the browser being used.
- The list of files downloaded and the amount of time spent listening to audio files or any viewing video files.
- The Internet Protocol Address (IP Address) of the computer accessing our Site. We use your IP address to help diagnose problems with our server and to administer our Web site.
- Any errors encountered.
- Your connection speed as it relates to your optimal speed for listening or watching video online (stored via a cookie)
2. We will not collect personally identifiable information from you, other than what you supply to us on a voluntary basis. However, in order to participate in some activities, you might be asked to provide some personally identifiable information. This could be in connection with the following:
- Contest registration.
- Subscription registration for sites or services which require subscription (such as e-mail, newsletters or digital thank you gifts).
- Requests for membership information.
- Fulfillment of your orders for merchandise.
- Gathering your editorial comments and feedback.
- Content submissions, comments and suggestions, or voting.
- Online surveys. The information you may provide in these surveys is used only on an aggregate basis to describe our audiences and assist us in better serving you.
- Participation in community postings, bulletin boards or "chat rooms".
3. WSHU will not willfully disclose your personal information received online to any third party without first receiving your permission.
4. WSHU may use your personally identifiable information for the activities explained above and for internal and marketing promotional purposes.
5. We do not share, exchange, rent or sell any of our lists to any organization.
6. If you do not want personal information which you voluntarily supply used by us, you can simply "opt out". Please note, however, under certain circumstances, opting out may prevent your participation in activities for which personal information is needed, such as in contests.
7. When you engage in financial transactions at WSHU.org, you may be asked for a credit card number. The server that processes your credit card information is secure and your credit card number will be encrypted as it passes through the Internet. Such information is also saved in an encrypted format or in internal systems that are protected by an internal firewall system. Sacred Heart University, WSHU’s license holder, complies fully with Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards.
As you visit Web sites associated with WSHU, it is possible that several cookies* will be set on your computer. WSHU uses the information from cookies to deliver relevant resources, remember browser preferences, and improve our visitors’ experiences on the site. WSHU does not sell or, in any way, share information collected by cookies.
*What's a cookie? A cookie is information a Web site puts on your computer's hard drive so that the site can remember your preferences or which pages you visited on that site.
You Should Also Know:
WSHU.org contains links to other sites. WSHU is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such other Web sites.
If you have any questions or concerns about this policy, please contact us by either e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by letter to: WSHU Public Radio, 5151 Park Avenue, Fairfield, CT 06825