COVID-19 Testing Sites Closed Due To Winds
COVID-19 testing at mobile drive-thru sites on Long Island and several in Connecticut are suspended on Monday due to thunderstorms and high winds.
The New York State Department of Health has closed its 10 drive-thru testing locations, including at SUNY Old Westbury, Stony Brook University and Jones Beach.
Suffolk County suspended its three mobile testing sites in Brentwood, Huntington Station and Riverhead.
In Connecticut, drive-thru testing at the following sites are closed:
- Hartford HealthCare sites
- Town of Darien testing sites
- St. Mary's Hospital in Waterbury
- UConn Health testing sites
- Trinity Health of New England testing sites
- Bristol Health
- Testing sites in Milford
- Testing sites in Bridgeport
- Testing site on Sargent Drive in New Haven
Winds are expected to reach 45 mph, with the possibility of gusts up to 70 mph, according to the National Weather Service.
Read the latest on WSHU’s coronavirus coverage here.
Do you have questions you’d like WSHU to answer in local coverage of the coronavirus? Let us know via this survey.