Lamont Carrying On Despite Personal COVID Quarantine
Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont said he’s continuing with his work despite being self-quarantined after his chief spokesperson tested positive for COVID-19 last week.
Lamont and top members of his administration were online on Monday to give an update on the state’s response to the coronavirus. Here’s how Lamont began the virtual briefing.
“Hey good afternoon everybody. Here from my new quarantine bunker.”
Lamont gets tested every Thursday for COVID. He said he was tested again on Monday, and was negative. As a precaution, Lamont said he might get tested again before Thursday.
“Maybe I would do it again sooner just to double check that I am not carrying the virus in any way. And I’ll stay close to home for the immediate future — that’s for sure,” he said.
Senior members of Lamont’s administration on the briefing, including chief of staff Paul Mounds and chief operating officer Josh Geballe, are also under self-quarantine. They have both tested negative for COVID.
The briefing was facilitated by Lamont spokesman Max Reiss. He’s the one staff member who has tested positive for COVID-19.
Reiss is under quarantine and has been asymptomatic so far.