Baby Boomers: Self-Medicated And Depressed?
The Baby Boomers are going through a rough time. A rollercoaster economy and skyrocketing divorce rates have led to a depressed and self-medicated generation. But the worst of it is are those who have opted to take their own lives because of the stress. What can be done to save America's largest generation? Our guests:
- Wizdom Powell, Ph.D., associate professor of psychiatry and director, Health Disparities Institute, University of Connecticut
- Jeffrey Deitz, M.D., psychiatrist and assistant professor of psychiatry, Frank Netter School of Medicine, Quinnipiac University
- Shane Owens, Ph.D., assistant director, Campus Mental Health Services, Farmingdale State College
- Fred Klarer, attorney and chief divorce mediator, Long Island Center for Divorce Mediation
- Nora Duncan, state director, AARP Connecticut