How do ethnic communities in our region become targets of xenophobia? Today on The Full Story we consider two examples of how this happens in our region. First, up is WSHU’s series, The Virus of Hate. Reporter Cassandra Basler reports on how attacks against Asians in the US rose as the coronavirus spread. And a new podcast by WSHU’s Charles Lane, EveryTown, documents how a small town in the Hamptons played a role in evicting Latin American immigrants from their homes.
- Cassandra Bassler, Senior Editor, WSHU
- James Boo, Filmmaker, Podcast Producer for Self Evident
- Emily May, Executive Director, Hollaback
- Charles Lane, Senior Investigative Reporter, WSHU
- Erin Kemple, Executive Director of Connecticut Fair Housing