COVID-19: The Third Year
New York Governor Kathy Hochul continues to say schools are the safest place for children.
Congresswoman Johanna Hayes, state Representatives Antonio Felipe and Steve Stafstrom, top members of Bridgeport Mayor Joe Ganim’s staff and City Council President Aidee Nieves all tested positive for COVID-19 in the last week.
Experts said COVID-19 samples in wastewater allow them to predict an outbreak in a community five to seven days before testing data catches up.
A survey by the CEA and other unions representing more than 60,000 school staff found teachers want more remote learning and that they aren’t getting enough supplies.
Where can I find the vaccine and booster shots?
- Connecticut book online here
- New York book online here, or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- Suffolk County more info here
- Nassau County more info here
How prevalent is the virus in my community?
- Connecticut: Official coronavirus website or call 211.
- New York: Official coronavirus website and COVID-19 Tracker Map, or call 1-(888)-364-3065.
- Suffolk County: Official coronavirus website or text “COVIDSUFFOLK” to 67283
- Nassau County: Official coronavirus website and map of confirmed cases or call 1-(516)-227-9570, or text “COVID19NC” to 888777
Where can I find national resources for COVID-19?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 vaccine information
- Coronavirus.gov federal resources
- John Hopkins University & Medicine coronavirus resource Center
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 interactive map
I lost my job during the pandemic.
I am working, but I need to take paid sick leave.
- Connecticut: All cases
- New York: If you are quarantined yourself
- New York: If your minor dependent child is quarantined
- New York: If you need time to take care of family members
My small business is struggling.
- U.S. Small Business Administration guidance and loan resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
I am hungry.
- Food banks in Connecticut
- Applying for SNAP assistance in Connecticut
- Food banks across New York
- Food banks on Long Island
- Applying for SNAP assistance in New York
I need help with childcare.
- Connecticut Office of Early Childcare
- Call 2-1-1 for resources on childcare
- New York Office of Children and Family Services
I, or someone I am close to, is a victim of domestic violence.