COVID-19: The Third Year
New York Governor Kathy Hochul said the state is prepping for a possible new surge of COVID-19 this fall, adds no new rules like indoor masking are anticipated right now.
Connecticut Governor Ned Lamont provided an update on the state’s COVID-19 response efforts as the virus’s BA-5 variant continues to rapidly spread.
WSHU’s J.D. Allen spoke with CT Mirror’s Jenna Carlesso about her article, “As COVID hangs on, the ‘new normal’ is leaving many behind,” as part of the collaborative podcast Long Story Short.
‘The crudest utilitarianism’: Immunocompromised and others at higher risk as restrictions drop
Where can I find the vaccine and booster shots?
- Connecticut book online here
- New York book online here, or call 1-833-NYS-4-VAX
- Suffolk County more info here
- Nassau County more info here
How prevalent is the virus in my community?
- Connecticut: Official coronavirus website or call 211.
- New York: Official coronavirus website and COVID-19 Tracker Map, or call 1-(888)-364-3065.
- Suffolk County: Official coronavirus website or text “COVIDSUFFOLK” to 67283
- Nassau County: Official coronavirus website and map of confirmed cases or call 1-(516)-227-9570, or text “COVID19NC” to 888777
Where can I find national resources for COVID-19?
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 vaccine information
- Coronavirus.gov federal resources
- John Hopkins University & Medicine coronavirus resource Center
- John Hopkins University COVID-19 interactive map
I lost my job during the pandemic.
I am working, but I need to take paid sick leave.
- Connecticut: All cases
- New York: If you are quarantined yourself
- New York: If your minor dependent child is quarantined
- New York: If you need time to take care of family members
My small business is struggling.
- U.S. Small Business Administration guidance and loan resources
- Economic Injury Disaster Loan Program
- Facebook Small Business Grants Program
I am hungry.
- Food banks in Connecticut
- Applying for SNAP assistance in Connecticut
- Food banks across New York
- Food banks on Long Island
- Applying for SNAP assistance in New York
I need help with childcare.
- Connecticut Office of Early Childcare
- Call 2-1-1 for resources on childcare
- New York Office of Children and Family Services
I, or someone I am close to, is a victim of domestic violence.